About the Blanchard House

Image

The Blanchard House was originally built in 1873 above the lumber mill situated on Little River. Freshly cut redwood floated in the pond awaiting the miller's saw. The mill ceased operation in 1893.
The Blanchard House roof was raised in 1903 to provide a room to accommodate the owner's four daughters. This newly created room is now the Blanchard House Guest Room.

The Blanchard House has been hosting travelers for over 30 years, long before the internet existed. Our guest room has seen generations of families and many have guests more than once.

Image

The Blanchard House was originally built in 1873 above the lumber mill situated on Little River. The mill and mill pond where redwood trees floated awaiting the miller's saw has long since gone. The Blanchard House was originally constructed from wood milled where the Van Damme state park is now situated.
The roof was raised in 1903 to provide a room to accommodate the owner's four daughters. This newly created room is now the Blanchard House Guest Room.
The Blanchard House has been hosting travelers for over 30 years, long before the internet existed. Our guest room has seen generations of families and many have guests more than once.

The Blanchard House was originally built in 1873 above the lumber mill situated on Little River. The mill and mill pond where redwood trees floated awaiting the miller's saw has long since gone. The Blanchard House was originally constructed from wood milled where the Van Damme state park is now situated.
The Blanchard House roof was raised in 1903 to provide a room to accommodate the owner's four daughters. This newly created room is now the Blanchard House Guest Room.
The Blanchard House has been hosting travelers for over 30 years, long before the internet existed. Our guest room has seen generations of families and many have guests more than once.